Vodafone Sure Signal Alternatives: Options for the Best Replacement Solution
Table of contents
After switching off Vodafone Sure Signal devices, many mobile operator customers have found it more challenging to stay in touch with their loved ones and colleagues or make business calls. The impact has been particularly felt by residents in rural areas and employees of businesses where "dead zones" have formed due to the presence of numerous buildings.
In our article, you will discover why Vodafone discontinued the Sure Signal service. You will also learn the most popular alternatives for improving mobile communications and their pros and cons.
What is the Vodafone Sure Signal?
Vodafone Sure Signal was a signal booster for commercial and home use, based on 3G technology. It helped manage Vodafone broadband to establish a stable 3G signal for high-quality voice and video calls. The service was initially launched by the mobile operator in 2011. However, due to the active development of the next-generation 4G mobile communication and the deployment of the new 5G network in September 2021, the company's management decided on the retirement of Sure Signal devices.
Since November 2022, the outdated Vodafone Sure Signal is no longer in service. As a result, many users have encountered poor coverage issues, particularly in rural areas. To get an excellent signal and stay connected at all times, customers in the United Kingdom have been actively searching for alternative solutions.
What are the Best Modern Alternatives for a Vodafone Sure Signal Replacement?
Alternative equipment to replace the Sure Signal helps to resolve network outages, missed calls, interrupted video conferencing and low download speed. Several options for signal boosters are available for UK residents, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Let's take a closer look at them.
The principle of Wi-Fi calling is that subscribers can use the nearest wireless network to make mobile calls and send SMS messages.
This service operates as a good alternative for a Vodafone Sure Signal and has its advantages:
- Free voice calls when both subscribers have the same calling app.
- Wide selection, as many UK providers of mobile service offer Wi-Fi calling.
- Availability of calling apps for smartphone owners.
- Functionality that allows sending text and voice messages, storing call history, and using end-to-end encryption for data protection.
Despite the list of advantages, Wi-Fi calling also has some drawbacks:
- Calling is impossible if the recipient does not have a special app installed.
- It is not possible to make a call to a landline phone and to those companies that do not have messenger accounts.
- There is no way to identify your phone number, as it will not be displayed on the recipient's smartphone.
- There may be internet connection interruptions due to a weak signal or network overload due to many clients.
Wi-Fi calls as an alternative to a Vodafone Sure Signal provide a reliable connection. They also allow you to talk to callers in the UK and abroad, and you can save money on your phone bill, as most apps are free. However, some serious limitations make communicating and working on the phone difficult.
CEL-FI repeaters from Nextivity, a developer of smart mobile signal boosters, provide a broadband connection for making calls. Depending on your mobile operator, the appropriate booster is selected. After installation and antenna connection, signal reception indoors and in open areas is significantly improved.
Let's consider the advantages of using CEL-FI as an alternative to a Sure Signal technology:
- Provides amplification of even the weakest signals up to 100 dB, whereas most other solutions only offer improvement up to 70-75 dB.
- Supports Vodafone and other popular mobile operators in the UK.
- Improves signal in rural areas and low-lying terrain, in homes and offices with thick walls that dampen the signal and in large industrial areas.
- Complies with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements and has a SOC 2 privacy rating, confirming the security of this technology.
When planning to replace Vodafone Sure Signal with CEL-FI, it is worth considering some drawbacks of this solution:
- Purchasing and installing amplifiers will cost more than using Wi-Fi calling.
- The repeaters are designed to improve the signal of only one network. However, you can order a comprehensive package to improve the signal of two mobile operators at once.
Considering all the advantages of CEL-FI repeaters, losing the use of Sure Signals no longer seems like a significant problem. The functionality of these devices with different mobile networks allows you to stay connected at all times.
Third-Party Mobile Boosters
Any signal boosters that connect to a mobile network must meet Ofcom requirements. Currently, only CEL-FI is a legal to use solution instead of a Vodafone Sure Signal in the UK.
Connecting third-party amplifiers yourself may seem like a good way to save money, but in fact, it is not. Vodafone Sure Signal replacement for a solution without a license threatens the user with a £5,000 fine. In addition, these boosters are not guaranteed to eliminate mobile communication issues as they are not reviewed or tested by Ofcom-authorised bodies.
What Vodafone Sure Signal Alternative to Choose
As a Vodafone Sure Signal stopped working, many users started looking for other solutions to improve the signal. When you explore different technologies and devices, consider the signal booster from UCtel, designed specifically for Vodafone users. This option helps address the following issues:
- Missed calls
- Weak and unstable signal
- Call interruptions
- Slow download speed and more
The device is designed to eliminate dead spots and ensure high-quality phone calls. Also available for installation is the Vodafone Internet Booster solution, which significantly improves 4G and 5G mobile internet connection.
How Does UCtel Help Solve Connectivity Problems and Improve the Signal on My Phone?
UCtel specialises in mobile technology and works with leading cellular providers. We help tackle poor coverage across the UK to ensure your business runs smoothly and there is a stable signal for effective employee communication.
Wondering what replaces a Vodafone Sure Signal? Deciding to order a cellular enhancement installation from an expert provider saves you the trouble of figuring out all the intricacies of these devices yourself. UCtel offers an installation of the Vodafone alternative signal booster and provides further technical support for the system.
Amplifiers help set up a seamless connection anywhere in the country and are installed by experts in a few simple steps:
- Testing of existing signal strength and work estimation, depending on the business or office building size.
- Designing a device and antenna location system according to the client's wishes and needs.
- Installation of Vodafone signal booster and indoor antennas.
Want to learn more about how UCtel professionals are helping to improve Vodafone's mobile coverage? Explore our Case Studies, where we describe our work with world-renowned companies, including Unipres, Wolseley, Melrose PLC, Dufry, and Ladbrokes Coral.
When choosing a reliable solution to improve mobile connectivity in homes, offices, and industrial spaces, it's important to examine their advantages and disadvantages thoroughly. As a Vodafone Sure Signal alternative, UCtel offers a robust solution called CEL-FI, which provides signal amplification up to 100 dB, the highest level among similar devices.